Despite many negative propagandas against Iran in the press and other social media, visiting Iran has been influenced by people so much durable than any tourist attraction ever could.
From exquisite architecture to stunning nature, Iran boasts twenty-four UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including 22 cultural and two natural attractions. They are scattered all around the country, and for those who are interested in Persian culture, many intangible cultural heritage elements in Iran are worth exploring during your stay. So for those who are interested in visiting one in a million attractions in Iran, it seems impossible to content themselves with just visiting the golden triangle of Isfahan, Shiraz, and Yazd. So regular visas that are issued for 30 days seem insufficient.
The procedure of the Iran visa extension
Find the nearest Police Department of Alien Affairs. These offices are mostly in big cities, which are usually open from 7:30 am - 2 pm Saturday to Wednesday. A crucial point here is to plan this visit and start the process of extension 2 or 3 days before the visa is due to expire. If you start the process early in the morning, you may get the extension on the same day. Speaking from personal experience, it usually takes around 1-4 hours, depending on the location and the officers. Otherwise, they would keep your passport, and you have to come back the same way the next day! The offices are usually crowded, also in some cities like Mashhad, there are lots of Afghan and Pakistani people looking for residence permit extensions.
Documents that are needed include:
- Two pieces of passport-sized photos and Photocopy of the ID page of your passport
- Two copies of the visa extension forms.
- Entry stamp.
- Two copies of the Melli bank payment slip. (visa extension fee is about 350,000 RIALS and about 50,000 Rials to buy a folder and for photocopies)
The exact procedure differs from one city to another, but usually, they share the same rules. Upon entering the office, you have to deposit your phone and other electronic devices; then, you should go to the related counter, show your passport, and make a request for an Iran visa extension. They will give you some forms to fill out. You need to get the receipt and pay it at the nearest Melli bank; then, you’ll be free to go to the Tourism Affairs counter where they may ask you a few questions.
Some possible items would be:
- What are the reasons that you want to extend your Iran visa?
- Where do you want to stay? Name the places you have stayed until the date of visa expiration (hotels etc.)
- what is your job, and whether you are here for work or tourism?
- How many extra days do you want to stay here?
Tips of Iran visa extension
- Try to Dress modestly during your visit. Passport-sized photos should be according to Islamic dress codes.
- If you do not have passport-sized images, you can probably find a photography studio in the same street.
- If you mention sensitive job positions like a reporter or journalist, it may complicate your Iran visa extension process.
- You can extend your Iran visa twice (maximum of 90 days).
- Don’t get surprised and confused if you face a chaotic office full of people. Just try to speak
- It is better to have a translator or an Iranian friend for the process of extension
Iran visa Extension via Iranvisa24
A less challenging way to extend your Iran visa is to contact us and extend your visa from your hotel room.
BePersia travel agency consists of a group of specialized experts taking care of every need that you might face during your stay. IranVisa24.com is one of the departments run by BePersiaTravel Company that provides all travel-related services in the highest quality. BePersia travel agency authorized by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for processing Iran visa application.
As we previously mentioned, you could extend your visa at one of the listed Immigration Police Office of Foreign Aliens (as I mentioned they are located in several major cities) Check these addresses and find the closest one.
Address: Najafi Street, Next to the Ameneh Nursery,
Mirdamad Boulevard, Valiasr Street after the Vanak Square
Phone: 021 8866 2999
Address: Isfahan Province, Isfahan, Rudaki Bypass
Phone: 031 3218 4547
Address: Fars Province, Shiraz, Mpdaress boulevard
Phone: 071 3725 0028
Address: Razavi Khorasan Province, Mashhad, District 9
Phone: 051 3822 5280
Address: Branch، Yazd Khorramshah Bahonar Blvd، Valy-e' - Asr
Phone: 051 3822 5280
Address: Qom, Shahid Lavasani St
Phone: 025 3772 3838