What Is an Iran Visa Authorization Code?
Iran Visa Authorization Code; Iran Visa Reference Number; Iran Visa Grant Notice; or Iran Visa Invitation Letter, all typically refer to the same term, indicating the initial approval of the Iran visa application. To put in an application for an Iran tourist visa, you should initially apply for a visa authorization code from the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). Applying for the Iran Visa Authorization Code and positively receiving a 2-page PDF file is the most crucial part of the Iran visa application process, which should preferably be conducted through an authorized Iranian tour operator (https://iranvisa24.com/Iran-visa-application-form). The Authorization Code is a mandatory document issued by the Iranian visa issuing authority in Tehran to facilitate the visa application process. The Iran visa authorization code, once you obtain it, indicates that your visa lodgment is positively approved, and you can promptly proceed to pay the visa fee and collect your Iran visa at an Iranian Embassy/Consulate or an Iranian international upon arrival (Visa on Arrival).
How to Apply for an Iran Visa Authorization Code?
There are two possible options to apply for the Iran Visa Authorization Code online:
- Apply Online Directly on the MFA E-Visa Website:
- Visit the website of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (MFA)
- Select your preferred visa type and start your application.
- Complete the application form for the Iran visa authorization code.
- Upload your photo and the scan of the first page of your passport.
- Verify your email address and submit the form.
- A submission Notice will be emailed to you. (It is not your visa confirmation email. It is just a
confirmation stating you have successfully lodged your application for Iran visa authorization code)
- You can track the status of your application online on the MFA e-visa website.
- It could take between 10 to 20 days to receive the result of your visa application via email.
- In case of approval of your Iran Visa Authorization code, you can proceed to Step B.
- Collect Your Iran Visa at an Iranian Embassy or an Iranian Airport:
Once your Iran visa authorization code has been successfully approved and issued,
you can refer to your designated Iranian embassy/consulate or Iranian airport to
collect your Iran visa.
- Apply Online Through an Iranian MFA Certified Visa Tour Operator:
- Visit our website www.iranvisa24.com.
- Fill in the online application form as per instruction
- Upload your photo and the scan of the first page of your passport.
- Pay the service fee online and receive the application confirmation.
- Track the status of your application online on https://iranvisa24.com/iran-visa-tracking-code
- Obtain your Iran visa authorization code in only 2 or 3 working days.
Collect Your Iran Visa at an Iranian Embassy or an Iranian Airport:
Once you get your Iran visa authorization code from Iranvisa24, you should print it and present it whenever and wherever required. Please note that the code will also be sent from the Ministry to the designated Iranian Embassy/consulate or Iranian airport you specified in your application. Hence, you can collect your visa either at your designated Iranian embassy/consulate or upon your arrival in Iran.
What Is the Best Option to Receive the Iran Visa Authorization Code?
The best choice to get an Iran visa authorization code is surely the option two stated above; it is the submission of the application for the visa authorization code through an Iranian authorized local tour operator/travel agency due to the following reasons:
- It usually takes about two or three working days for an authorized Iranian travel agency to obtain the visa authorization code from the MFA and instantly email that 2-page PDF file (the confirmation code) to you. Whereas, if you apply online directly on the MFA website, it might take at least 10 to 20 working days for the MFA to process the application.
- By applying online directly on the MFA website, there is a strong chance that your application for Iran visa authorization code might be rejected for one or many reasons by the MFA. This means the refusal rate is relatively high. The best way to avoid rejection is to seek professional help and guidance from a licensed local travel agency that precisely knows what documents are required for your lodgment.
- Iranvisa24 strives to be a constituent part of its clients’ satisfaction and success by providing authentic advice to facilitate the process of visa application. We pay attention to details while consulting for the visa so that there is no room for mistakes. Before submission to respective government authorities, all documents for the Iran visa authorization code are double-checked by Iranvisa24’s team of visa experts. Our staff is professionally trained. We at Iranvisa24 focuses on arranging the correct visa for your trip to ancient Persia, promptly and at a reasonable price.
What Should You Do If Your Application for the Iran Visa Authorization Code Is Rejected?
If you have lodged your application for the Iran visa authorization code on the MFA’s e-Visa website and your application is somehow rejected. It is highly recommended you promptly try to submit your request through one of the professional and authorized Iranian tour operators like iranvisa24.com that knows how to encounter the case well.
The Validity of the Iran Visa Authorization Code?
As of October 2018, the validity of the Iran visa authorization code is:
– One month: if the applicant wishes to collect the actual visa at an Iranian embassy/consulate.
– Three months: if the applicant wishes to obtain the actual visa on arrival at one of the
Iranian international airports.
After the expiration date of the Iran visa authorization code, the applicant should reapply for it.
How Much Does the Iran Visa Authorization Code Cost?
- If you prefer to choose the first option for the direct lodgment of your Iran visa authorization code, the MFA will charge you nothing for the code, and you merely need to pay for the Iran visa fee based on your nationality and the location (the embassy or an Iranian airport) where you like to get your Iran visa.
- If you prefer to retain the second option and apply through one of the authorized local tour operators, you have to pay a service fee to that local tour operator to get your approval of the Iran visa authorization code. Please note that no Iranian tour operator or travel agency is allowed to charge you for the Visa fee, and it must be paid directly by the applicant at the Iranian Embassy/Consulate or on arrival at the local airport.
Please find below our competitive pricing for the Iran visa authorization code application:
Standard –15 EUR, processing time of max 5-6 business days
Express –20 EUR, processing time of max 3-4 business days
Note: Thursday and Friday is the weekend in Iran.
By choosing either our express or standard service, we can assure you that our team of visa experts will carefully scrutinize your documents, your application will be processed and forwarded separately to the MFA in Tehran. As soon as we receive the official approval of your visa authorization, we at Iranvisa24 will forward it to you.
Good to Know
- The average processing time to issue the Iran visa authorization code by the MFA is 3 - 5 working days if you apply through an Iranian tour operator, but it could be longer for ABC passport holders (American, British and Canadian)
- Once you correctly apply for the Iran visa authorization code through an Iranian travel agency, you should mention the exact location of your nominated Iranian consulate/embassy or local airport where you intend to collect your Iran visa. The visa authorization code is valid only for that specific location (embassy, consulate or local airport).
- When filling out the application form of the Iran visa authorization code, you must provide the exact information from your passport and leave nothing blank.
- If you wish to arrange and book an unforgettable trip to Iran through BePersiaTravel Company, you can promptly take advantage of receiving the Iran visa authorization code free of charge. Please check it out here: لینک تورهای ایرانگرد
- The visa fee may typically vary based on the applicant’s nationality.
- Visa-exempt foreign nationals: Neither visa nor visa authorization code is required for passport holders of Turkey, Malaysia, Syria, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Oman.
- As of January 2018, the Iranian government announced a revamp of the E-Visa scheme for international travellers visiting Iran. The new policy is for those who are interested in visiting the country solely for tourism purposes like recreation, sightseeing, visiting relatives or friends, for short-term medical treatment or business visits. The Iranian government is keen to ease the visa process for foreign visitors. The authorities will no longer stamp or affix visa stickers to passports of international travellers in an attempt to revive tourism as well as to ease travellers’ concerns over possible travelling to the U.S.A. after leaving Iran. The visa officer at the airport will produce the stamp on a separate document. However, visitors are required to hold on to that separate document, along with their passport, at all times during the trip across the country.